Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Long time no post!

Wow it's been forever since I've been on here! A LOT has happened since I last blogged! Let's see, I've lost 40+ lbs (depending on the day), dug out some skeletons in my emotional closet, started babysitting another kid, got a new car, fell in love with Zumba, and has officially become addicted to reality tv. Also, I've come to love cooking. I think the weight loss has given me a greater appreciation for the kitchen and all of the Pampered Chef utensils given to me nearly 7 years ago at my bridal shower. I've decided to make a new recipe at least every other week. So far, this has been amazing. I know Jeremy appreciates the change in our weekly menus as well. I would like to share a few of my new favorite recipes. I made this one last night. I found this recipe online but added my own flair to it! Jeremy could not compliment enough how much he enjoyed it. This scored him a few points in the love book! ;) Crock pot Salsa Chicken (serves 4) 4 chicken breasts 1 jar of your favorite salsa 1 tsp minced garlic 2 1/2 tblsp brown sugar 2 tblsp bbq sauce 1 can black beans 1 tblsp dijon mustard 1 can of rotel cilantro, lime and tomatoes 1 cup of corn Lay chicken in crockpot. Combine all of the other ingredients and pour over chicken. Set slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Voila! Amazing! I served it with tortilla chips. However, this would have been amazing served in tortillas or over spanish rice. This was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment